- High energy and fast poetry break barriers to entry. Don't wait for permission to speak. Move in, get in front of the crowd, and explode.
- I have commandeered microphones in minutes flat. I have created stages out of staircases. You don't need airwaves and Carnegie Halls.
- Raised eyebrows become head-scratching becomes stroked beards become arms akimbo become heart-pounding becomes shouts & applause in moments.
- Prepare for that moment. Get the message ready. Sculpt it, chisel it, perfect it. An opportunity to unleash the message will present itself.
- Blitzkrieg. The revolution of the mind cannot be self-administered. The element of surprise is key. The ego's defense relies on forewarning.
- Comedians are like double agents. They appease the conscious mind to gain access to the unconscious mind.
- If you want to change the world, be a mind agent. Infiltrate psyches and install messages that fuse to the ego.
- "A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down."
- Hackers say code is poetry. I say it's also vice-versa.
- It is unnerving to think that our minds are programmable. But they are. Propagandists and marketers are programming us at this very moment.
- The mind is a battlefield. To ignore the rules of battle is to allow meaningless objectives to prevail. Apply conscious programming.
- Changing your own mind is often just a reconfiguration of existing components. To change your mind, an external force must operate on you.
- In my experience, fundamental change is something that comes over you, like a force of nature. It's out of your hands.
- Choice comes after assessment. Assessment comes after options. Options come after exploration. Exploration comes from perpetual motion.
- Vision precedes perception.
- Your vision is a hollow vessel. Information serves mainly to fill up and justify the existence of your vision.
- Information, facts, figures, and data do not change the shape of your vision. And emotion only serves to heat and thus soften your vision.
- The sheer gravity of other visions, in my theory, is the only force that can change the shape of your emotion-softened vision.
- Visions can take the form of symbols. Symbols are visions that have been eroded over the years to their irreducible essence.
- To draw a parallel to physics: An individual human vision is the "weak" force, while a symbol (collective vision) is the "strong" force.
- An individual's vision can make subtle but universal changes to other visions. A symbol makes highly perceptible but localized changes.
- In the end, we have only the tools available to us. We have language, for example: an assemblage of blunt objects and surgical instruments.
- Language is partially a function of the number of people involved. Its nature changes drastically at each succession towards infinity.
- It is useful to understand Dunbar's Number when talking about language, cognition, and revolution. http://bit.ly/cXilP4
- We have only so many mental, emotional, and temporal resources to address such questions. There is sacrifice.
Friday, September 24, 2010
25 Loosely Connected Opinions on the Mechanics of Personal Revolution
I wrote this using my Twitter account.