Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Murder of Crows (Or, Hello, My Name Is Jimmy Stewart and This is My Alfred Hitchcock Life)


Vid01193

Is it crow season, or what? The phrase "a murder of crows", which means a group of crows, seems to be popping up all over the Internet this early March 2011. Enjoy the photographic and verbal evidence:
  1. Look at my Facebook friend the spoken word artist Bao Phi's photo of one of said murders of crows.
  2. Read this article by my Twitter friend and ad man Jim Mitchem, and be sure to see the photo at the bottom of the post.
  3. Check out the Twitter search for a murder of crows.
I took the following short video clip of a group of birds of some kind--I'm not sure if it's a murder of crows, but they're definitely birds, which I know from paying attention in biology class as well as by dint of having a pulse and at least one functioning eyeball in conjunction with an adequately reliable visual cortex--a few days ago out my front window (not my Rear Window) before noticing the crow meme that seems to be taking the Internet by stealth:



VID01192.mp4 Watch on Posterous


Happy spring to you all. May the crows signal the coming snowmelt. Look out for homicidal ravens.