Monday, February 1, 2010

Headed to L.A. Early: TODAY. Dispatch within...

I am taking a Chinatown Bus from Las Vegas to Los Angeles at 2:45 p.m. today. It's a five-hour ride. Chinatown Bus is cheap: $30. Better than Greyhound. Megabus no longer exists for that route, otherwise I would have taken that for like a dollar. Seriously.

This adventure is not over, not drawing to a close - but unfolding into the next unknown, which I face squarely. I now walk into the future. We all do.

There is so much to write about. It will have to be a reflective series of after-thoughts, rather than a series of real-time dispatches.

I spend my first night in L.A. tonight. I am excited.

Vegas is cool. I did the Strip last night, just drove down it with hosts Ajay and Allison, who know Katherine from way back, in Minneapolis. Had a great dinner with them and a handful of other great peeps last night at an Indian restuarant called Gandhi.

The moon was big and yellow and low on the horizon last night around 8:00 p.m. Unbelievable.

Thoughts are a storm. A good, warm storm.

Posted via web from Will Conley's Random Things