Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Patriotic Ignorance Lovers Rage Against UW Madison Scholar

Kevin Barrett, a University of Wisconsin guest lecturer for the upcoming fall semester, is under attack by a number of patriotic ignorance lovers, including some in the Wisconsin state government. The chief thorns in the sides of the jingoists are Barrett's views on 9/11 and a book from his syllabus for a class called Islam: Religion and Culture. I e-mailed Barrett (Kevin@mujca.com) a statement of support:

Dear Professor Barrett,

I support your syllabus. I believe it to be well balanced. I see it even includes a mandatory article by a member of the Defense Policy Board and friend of the Project for a New American Century, Bernard Lewis. Therefore, one cannot make the claim that you are biased in your approach.

Please contact me if I can be of any assistance as a citizen advocate of academic freedom.

Sincerely,
musclemouth.blogspot.com