Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whatever Happened to the One-Word Brand Game, Hmmm?

This...

Wordle: Will Conley's Wordle (click the image)

...is a "Wordle": a word cloud of all my tweets from Septemeber 2008 through March 2009. Word or tag clouds are intuitive visualizations of a set of words based on frequency. The larger words represent more frequent occurences of those words, the smaller words just the opposite.

You'll notice the most prominent word in my Wordle is "onewordbrand". That's a game I was running a couple months ago where you "brand" your friends in one word and add the hashtag "#onewordbrand". Try it out if you're on Twitter.

I promised participants of the #onewordbrand game a tag cloud of all their one-word brands. That never worked out because I am lazy and because people had a hard time figuring out how to play the game. I guess it was deceptively simple. The questions I received were neverending.

So if you played the game consider this your consolation prize. Go to Wordle.net and make your own word cloud.

There. All-better-now.

Also on the bright side: The #onewordbrand game got you to make more connections and solidify old ones. That's what it's all about, baby.