Wednesday, June 14, 2006

If You Are a Jew, Please Read This

I pose a question to any Jewish readers out there - as well as to any non-Jews who care to comment.

Many people and organizations, of both Jewish and non-Jewish backgrounds, seem to strongly believe that those who question the official dogma of world history and current affairs are actually just anti-semites speaking in code. This of course is a conspiracy theory in and of itself, but let's not get bogged down in accusations of hypocrisy for the moment.

Now of course there are some people who really are anti-semites. Just as there are some people who really are terrorists. Just as there are some people who really would love to take over the world if they could. Just as there are people who are actually afflicted with some form of paranoia, be it clinical or otherwise. But certainly it is safe to assume that not all so-called "conspiracy theorists" (a label at which I am becoming increasingly annoyed) are anti-semites.

So my question is this: In your estimation, if any, what percentage of conspiracy theorists are anti-semites?

Just to be clear, I am not an anti-semite. Paranoid anti-conspiracy theorists can accuse me all they want, but my cards are on the table. I have no tricks up my sleeve. Read my entire blog; go to my Myspace profile and look for evidence of anti-semitism if you must. I am not an anti-semite. I am originally from Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Politically Correct Activists. Those are my roots. Ask around to all my friends; dig up all the dirt. I am not an anti-semite.

Now, nobody has ever accused me of being an anti-semite, but I have seen other so-called "conspiracy theorists" (i.e., fact-checkers) get accused up and down the block. That's why I've chosen to address this issue here. So if anybody has anything to say, then let it be known.